[AusNOG] AusNOG 2.0? And Conference?

Warrick Mitchell wyvernflyin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 13:09:00 EST 2021

Hi David and Terry,

In AusNOG 2018, David in his closing remarks talked about moving AusNOG
towards an incorporated association with members.

Since then we had AusNOG 2019 and I believe there were some remarks about
this moving forward (however the slides are not up on the ausnog site to
refer to for the closing remarks) and as I understand it three of the
directors of AusNOG resigned and have not been replaced yet.

So do we have an update on what's happening with AusNOG as an entity? It
feels like it's stalled on the highway...

In 2020, it was announced there would be no AusNOG conference at all, due
to COVID-19.

David mentioned a conference in September 2021, but what's the plan if
travel restrictions / border closures are still in place?

Perhaps we should consider having a conversation with our NZ cousins and
running a virtual conference together etc might be an idea?

Cheers,
Warrick