[AusNOG] Tax Office investigation call scams from 0413 204 336

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Wed Jan 13 11:05:17 EST 2021

On 13/01/2021 09:30, Darren Moss wrote:

> Morning,
>
> We're seeing multiple calls to clients and one to our office this
> morning claiming to be the Tax Office investigating suspended tax file
> numbers with federal court action pending.
>
> The numbers are:
>
> 0413 204 336
>
> 0410 244 473
>
> 0488 717 619
>
> If any providers here own these, please terminate the services.

They will be spoofed numbers coming in via some SIP service that allows
CLI overstamping, if they are active at all, the unsuspecting holders
will have no idea until they get lots of abuse return calls.

--
Regards,
Noel Butler

This Email, including attachments, may contain legally privileged
information, therefore at all times remains confidential and subject to
copyright protected under international law. You may not disseminate
this message without the authors express written authority to do so.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender then
delete all copies of this message including attachments immediately.
Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not waived or lost
by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message.