[AusNOG] Automatic transfer switches and generators

John Edwards jaedwards at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 14:30:42 EST 2021

For a truly paranoid setup, you can put an additional ATS *after* the UPS.

This potentially lets you replace a failed or failing UPS without downtime.

One time, this saved me because the UPS took a catastrophic surge to its
input side, but the inverter and batteries kept powering the network.

We were able to switch over to mains without downtime and install a new UPS.

John