[AusNOG] Widespread Optus issue this morning?

DaZZa dazzagibbs at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 12:36:07 EST 2021

Just got an update from the Optus NOC.

Looks like it was a change gone wrong this morning (change C70351 if
anyone cares/has access to look it up) at about 05:50 AEDT

Change was rolled back at 10:56 am AEDT, and they're reporting the
network appears stable but are continuing to monitor.

So doesn't appear to be anything sinister other than a change which
wasn't tested well enough.

Darren

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 at 10:49, Jason Murray
<Jason.murray at compasscorp.com.au> wrote:

> We use Optus mobile and have had several users report that they are receiving calls from random people claiming they called them…
>

> Lets hope there isnt anything sinister in this outage..

veg·e·tar·i·an:
Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride