[AusNOG] Widespread Optus issue this morning?

DaZZa dazzagibbs at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 08:30:04 EST 2021

hi David

Yeah, I've had another 3 BGP flaps since I posted my original email -
I've disabled the link for now, and am sitting on hold to the faults
number - 20 minutes and counting.

At least I know they're not just picking on me! :-)

Cheers

Darren

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 at 08:24, David Brown <david.brown at nexthop.com.au> wrote:

> Hi Darren,
>
> We are also seeing quite a few down services in Sydney this morning, mainly ethernet/EWAN. Services have dropped again.
>
> David Brown | Nexthop
>

> On 18/2/21, 8:00 am, "AusNOG on behalf of DaZZa" <ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net on behalf of dazzagibbs at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Hey folks.
>
>     We saw a widespread loss (at least of BPG, possibly of the whole link)
>     on our Optus uplink (to ASN 7474, link is in Sydney) around 07:10,
>     AEDT this morning - BGP hold timers expired and all traffic dropped.
>
>     Came back up around 07:30
>
>     I've got a couple of clients who also use Optus for internet facing
>     services which lost their stuff as well.
>
>     Anyone else notice anything happen to Optus this morning?
>
>     Cheers
>
>     Darren

veg·e·tar·i·an:
Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride