[AusNOG] Transceiver for dark fiber.

Christopher Hawker email at chrishawker.com.au
Tue Aug 17 14:07:49 EST 2021

​The problem with FS.com transceivers (or a lot of their products for that matter) is that they do not bear the ACMA C-Tick or RCM as required for certification and use in Australia.

Looking at the FS.com website, the RCM compliance certificate (https://img-en.fs.com/includes/templates/fiberstore/images/img/PDF/rcm-authen.pdf) is for the S3900 24-Port L2 Managed Switch, and the C-Tick certificate (https://img-en.fs.com/includes/templates/fiberstore/images/img/PDF/ctick-authen.pdf) is for the S3900-24T4S, S3900-24F4S and S3900-48T4S switches.

You may pay a premium for going original, however you're guaranteed the support and backing from Cisco if anything goes wrong.

CH

hey Alex