[AusNOG] Melbourne Primus/Vocus datacenter at 55 King closing

Jared Hirst jared.hirst at serversaustralia.com.au
Wed Apr 14 21:33:48 EST 2021

Link the DA / Plan for the sites then if it's a co-incidence? Vocus tried to offload the business in 2017 and couldn't.

"
Vocus also confirmed it had appointed advisors to sell off its Australian data centre assets. Vocus operates 20 data centres in Australia, which were valued at $160 million by Macquarie analysts in May, according to a report in the Australian Financial Review.<http://www.afr.com/street-talk/macquarie-runs-numbers-on-vocus-groups-data-centres-20170503-gvyfmm> Vocus made $46.5 million from its data centre business in FY17, down from $50 million the previous financial year.
The company said it would continue to evaluate its other non-core Australian assets for a potential sale, and that it had received further approaches for potential acquisitions since announcing the asset review in August."

Sounds 100% like a shut down is happening. Which I think is a great idea, the Doody street site and 55 King are both terrible sites, but they should be open about it if that is the truth.

- Jared

[Sent from Front]