[AusNOG] Fibre backhaul options

Andrew Radke andrew at osi.com.au
Thu Apr 8 16:38:26 EST 2021

Good afternoon all,

We’re a small WISP in Far North Queensland. We’ve been in discussions with QCN Fibre for almost a year trying to get fibre backhaul from them and while it is progressing it is painful and bureaucratic.

Our main premises is only 150m from a Telstra exchange with direct conduit between. We’re also only about 200m from a fibre interconnect point on an Ergon pole with Optus fibre on it. And we are within a few hundred metres of the inland fibre path between Cairns and Brisbane that may have other options.

So we’d like to talk to someone from Telstra, Optus and anyone else that might be able to assist with options. If anyone here could direct us to appropriate people off list that would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Andrew Radke

Open Spaces Internet Pty Ltd
Ph: 0412 798 593 <tel:0412798593>