[AusNOG] Client VPN Solutions

John Cenile jcenile1983 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 14:37:56 EST 2020

G'day Noggers,

I was hoping to get some recommendations on VPN solutions people out there
are using.

Currently we're using a Cisco ASA with the AnyConnect client, however we
have found it to be quite limiting in some of the things we want to do
(such as built in multifactor, restricting resources to groups, and the
throughput of the device itself).

Our main requirements are:

   - Self hosted / on-premise appliance
   - Multifactor support (preferably Google Authenticator)
   - Windows, Mac, and iPhone clients

I'm also looking at the Fortinet FortiClient software, but it looks very
similar to AnyConnect, so I don't have high hopes for it. I'm also looking
into the Business OpenVPN product.

Any other suggestions / recommendations would be great.

John Cenile
Github <https://github.com/john30>
Twitter <https://twitter.com/cenilejohn>