[AusNOG] Basic question about fibre visual fault locators

Rhys Hanrahan rhys at nexusone.com.au
Fri Sep 25 21:05:26 EST 2020

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks, this kind of feedback is really useful – I was hoping I could get away with it. I grabbed a cheap 10 mW VFL, so I think regardless of any mismatches I might be OK!

For what it’s worth though (and for anyone else), I ended up finding that buying a female LC to LC MMF coupler, along with a standard LC to SC patch cable is much cheaper and easier to find than trying to get an LC to SC adapter. So that’s what I went with, so all my bases are covered.

Thanks all! Have a good weekend.

Rhys.