[AusNOG] 10GBps router suggestions

Johnathon Brandis jcbrandis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 21:59:46 EST 2020

Gday,

Have you had a look at some of the Linux Router (routing I should say)
Projects? Some great packages exist around routing that have a familiar
look and feel, especially if you have a cisco background, and some linux
basic skills.  You could look at a virtual or physical strategy, but if you
did go the physical path, the mtik mentioned above would be cheaper buy the
time you buy your various components (or just a great little internal way
to have levl1's/level2's operate a looking glass, have some fun, get the
innovation juices flowing).

Alternatively, and I looked at this briefly pre-covid with mates in Perth,
Netgate have some solutions in this area from memory tensorFL or something
like that. Covid hit and the strategy changed, didnt keep looking. Cant
give you any solid information on this one.

Hope all are doing well,

JB