[AusNOG] 10GBps router suggestions

Christopher Hawker email at chrishawker.com.au
Tue Nov 17 20:07:01 EST 2020

You could have a look at the Mikrotik CCR2004-1G-12S+2XS (1 x 1Gb copper, 12 x SFP+ and 2 x SFP28 ports), see https://shop.duxtel.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=647. $935.00 and does have dual-power.

Using iperf3 single-threaded yields 6Gbps, 4 threads gets about 9Gbps. Add one firewall rule, and it drops to 5Gbps. There's a BGP Benchmarks thread on the forums that could give you some more info, see https://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?t=161044.

CH.