[AusNOG] Senderscore.org

Tim McCullagh technical at halenet.com.au
Tue May 12 12:12:11 EST 2020

Hi Chaps

Just a query to see how many people either use or no longer use senderscore
as a mail blocking list in an ISP environment.

I realise bigpond are using it because my domain email is currently being
blocked by them.  When I look at it,  it seems to be totally unsuited for an
ISP environment. Unlike other blocking lists there does not seem to be any
way of getting delisted other than signing up for an account with that crowd
and bowing to their wishes.

My main issue with such a blocking list is that it would appear to operate
on a 30 day  average.  My take on using a 30 day average in an ISP
environment is that it is toatally unsuitable, given a client /clients may
give out their password, thinking that they need to, that is then used to
generate a degree of spam email, which is then stopped by the mail admin,
but anyone using senderscore then may block that mail server / servers for
upto 30 days.  My understanding of best practice is that spam prevention in
an ISP environment is not to prevent valid email.  Senderscore certainly
doesnt meet that .  Has anyone else had this issue with bigpond and how did
you get around it?

My understanding is that best practice would block while the abuse is
occurring and reset when the abuse stops.  I am interested in what others on
the list may think

If their is a bigpond email admin on the list, can you contact me offlist

Regards

Tim

HaleNET Internet