[AusNOG] "Simple Systems Have Less Downtime"

Terry Sweetser Terry.Sweetser at ix.asn.au
Fri Mar 6 10:23:18 EST 2020

Several good references …

Normal Accident Theory
Perrow, 1984; Wolf, 2001; Tamuz & Harrison, 2006
(Tom’s Wikipedia link is Perrow.)

High Reliability Theory
LaPorte & Consolini, 1998; Weick & Sutcliffe, 2005

“Managing the unexpected” (Weick & Sutcliffe) can apply to lots of contexts, not just ICT.

Regards,
Terry Sweetser
General Manager, IX Australia
Terry.Sweetser at ix.asn.au<mailto:tim at ix.asn.au>