[AusNOG] Leaky Feeder & UTP

John England john at bitwave.com.au
Wed Mar 4 18:58:08 EST 2020

>From experience I'd just stay away from ethernet anywhere near VHF radio's and run fiber everywhere.

I've had multiple parallel runs over ~30M near a 5W radio using grounded armoured cable and depending on the device I either lose link or get RX errors. Tried filters and different grounding configurations with no success.

Also if the VHF gear is doing any receiving you will increase their noise floor.

Cheers.

John England