[AusNOG] Megaport SYD - IX Layer 2 issues?

Gavin Tweedie gavin.tweedie at megaport.com
Wed Jul 29 17:33:34 EST 2020

Yep there's an issue between two specific devices. Team are working on it
but if you think you might be impacted, drop an email to
support at megaport.com and quote NSS-2283 as a ref so you get attached to the
right ticket.

Feel free to cc me on your email to support@ too. If you've already
emailed, they know about you! Please ensure you include some kind of
reference so we can identify you (service id, IX IP, or at least a company
name).

Cheers
Gav

On Wed, 29 Jul 2020 at 15:14, Joseph Goldman <joe at apcs.com.au> wrote:

> We are having issues as well.
>
> VxC from SY1 to GS is OK
>
> GS can't reach RS1,  but can reach RS2
> GS couldn't reach Servers Australia which seems to be hosting some Afilias
> servers - which is what alerted me to our issue.
>
> SY1  can reach both Route Servers
>
> Seems to be some kind of segment issue from certain sources to certain
> destinations.
>
> On 29/07/2020 4:49 pm, Jaden Roberts wrote:
>
> We are seeing similar behaviour reported from midday today
>
> On July 29, 2020, 4:30 PM GMT+10 chrisj at aprole.com wrote:
>
> Hey All
>
> Anyone else seeing reachability issues across Megaport SYD IX to some
> peers?
>
> As of ~1200 we seem to be unable to see anything in SY1.
>
> I’ve reached out to Megaport but curious to see if anyone else is affected
> as well
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris Jones

Global Interconnection Director