[AusNOG] MMS + SMS to email with Calls to SIP

Shaun Deans shaun at kadeo.com.au
Thu Jul 16 15:33:50 EST 2020

Stephen

With Twilio you can route inbound over an 'elastic sip trunk' to your own
server (we use asterisk) then do as you please. You could also direct the
inbound call to a TwilML Bin or response from your server and just hair pin
the call directly out from twilio to another number and pay twilio for the
outbound call.

With outbound you can route out over the same elastic sip trunk. For the
current use case we personally route out our regular provider and just
overstamp the CLID to match. But for a new use case we'll route out twilio.

Twilios programmable voice and other products  are so powerful and with
Twilio Studio it can all be done in a a GUI.

I'm about to launch a new project backed by twilio so I know it fairly well.

Cheers

Shaun