[AusNOG] Telstra outage - Vic/Koo Wee Rup to Inverloch area

James Morgan james.morgan at vernet.com.au
Thu Jul 9 21:48:29 EST 2020

Hi all,

I hope your various lockdowns/relative freedom are going along swimmingly. I was hoping to touch base with anyone else who may be affected by a Telstra problem in the area of Koo Wee Rup through to Inverloch (Victoria).  We service a hospital in the area with an MLL and they have been without their primary comms since Monday.  We've been back and forth with T Wholesale ever since and have responses ranging from "it's all fixed now" through "30km of fibre is damaged" to "we're waiting on a part but don't know when it's coming".  Four days in we are getting nowhere, fast, and we look like the bad guys for not being able to tell a straight story about what the hold-up is.  Naturally as a hospital in the middle of a pandemic we are keen to see them back at full strength pretty quickly.  If anyone else is tracking the same issue and has more information I'd be glad to hear from you to help piece things together.

Cheers, and stay safe.
--
James.