[AusNOG] Intermittent problem accessing Goggle services.

Benoit Page-Guitard benoit.page at hostopia.com.au
Fri Jan 17 18:08:32 EST 2020

Hi Paul,

Definitely been seeing the same thing on our end (AS55803).

As others have noted, we also coincidentally saw Google flap on MegaIX NSW
last night, along with a few others (e.g. AS15133, AS46489, etc). I'm
deactivating our peering on that exchange now to see if it is also the
source of our own troubles.

This smells more like a MegaIX NSW VPLS issue than it does a Google issue.
It definitely wouldn't be the first time (I can recall a couple of
incidences of sporadic loss to/from some peers in the last 1-2 years?).

Regards,

Benoit Page-Guitard
Network Engineer
Hostopia Australia