[AusNOG] Latency NZ to Sydney

Bradley Amm brad at bradleyamm.com
Mon Jan 6 21:44:59 EST 2020

Hey Guys

Does anyone have any real word figures on what the latency from Wellington and Christchurch to Sydney would be.

Auckland to Sydney appears to be about 25ms
New Plymouth to Sydney appears about 40ms and New Plymouth to Perth on our IPWAN is around 80ms. I don’t have any services to test unfortunately from Christchurch and Wellington.

Debating if I want to host some servers in Auckland or get a rack in S1 or S2 as it’s easier to manage, cheaper to procure hardware and cheaper for connectivity to our IPWAN.