[AusNOG] Telstra mobile service with public IP

Paul Gear ausnog at libertysys.com.au
Thu Dec 10 21:07:31 EST 2020

Hi folks,

Last I heard (on this list in 2014, if my email archive serves me
correctly) it was possible to do this by connecting to the
telstra.extranet APN, and Google tells me getting the data code GPTEXB3
added to the SIM should be the only other step.  I have a friend who is
trying to do this and getting the run-around from his usual Telstra
contacts.

Can any of you confirm or deny the above information is still current,
and/or suggest the appropriate shibboleet [1] to get past square one
with customer service?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

1. https://xkcd.com/806/