[AusNOG] NBN vNNI

Rhys Hanrahan rhys at nexusone.com.au
Fri Aug 28 13:11:05 EST 2020

Hi Everyone,

Happy Friday.

We are looking at the feasibility of using NBN's vNNI product so that we're able to move to using NBNCo direct for our services. Thought I'd post here because there's always a bunch of really insightful knowledge to be gained.

In particular, wondering if there's any suggestions in terms of vNNI providers. It looks like there's two main providers listed for this product (Superloop and Virtutel) - at least listed on NBN's website. If anyone knows of others, I'd love to hear about it. Also wondering if anyone has any experiences with either that might sway me one way or another. I haven't contacted either provider yet but I'm sure I'll end up talking to both.

A key thing in our case is that we'd need to be able to aggregate back to EQX SY3 and ME1 only through the vNNI backhaul provider.

I'm also wondering if anyone has any experience on this and if there's any feedback or suggestions. I am quite sure we'll want to go down this path, provided we can make it work commercially but I'd be curious if anyone has any thoughts on at what point it made sense for them to move from an aggregator over to vNNI?

Thanks all!

Rhys Hanrahan
Chief Information Officer
Nexus One Pty Ltd

E: support at nexusone.com.au<mailto:support at nexusone.com.au>
P: +61 2 9191 0606
W: http://www.nexusone.com.au/
M: PO Box A356 Sydney South, NSW 1235
A: Suite 12.03, Level 12, 227 Elizabeth Street, Sydney NSW 2000

[http://quintus.nexusone.com.au/~rhys/nexus1-email-sig.jpg]
The information in this email and or any of the attachments may contain; a. Confidential information of Fusion Technology Solutions Pty Ltd, Nexus One Pty Ltd, or third parties; and or b. Legally privileged information of Fusion Technology Solutions Pty Ltd, Nexus One Pty Ltd, or third parties; and or c. Copyright material Fusion Technology Solutions Pty Ltd, Nexus One Pty Ltd or third parties.
If you are not an authorised recipient of this email, please contact the sender immediately by return email or by telephone on 02 91910600 and delete the email from your system.
We do not accept any liability in connection with any computer virus, data corruption, interruption or any damage generally as a result of transmission of this email.