[AusNOG] High latency between TPG and Vocus - Victoria

Giles Pollock glp71s at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 17:27:20 EST 2020

Much the same deal it seems with WinMTR... ICMP can only get you so far.
Standout seems to be 203.8.177.110 where the latency spikes and the packet
loss begins.
Host % Sent Recv Best Avrg Wrst Last
192.168.1.129 0 200 200 0 0 2 0
192.168.1.1 0 200 200 0 0 1 0
192.168.0.1 0 200 200 1 1 5 1
10.20.22.139 0 200 200 5 5 13 5
27-32-160-196.static.tpgi.com.au 0 200 200 5 5 13 6
203-219-107-206.static.tpgi.com.au 0 200 200 5 6 13 6
203.8.177.110 6 164 155 54 66 77 68
Request timed out. 100 40 0 0 0 0 0
Request timed out. 100 40 0 0 0 0 0
124.19.61.93 7 160 150 0 65 74 68
124.19.69.102 7 160 150 0 69 78 67
static-62.200.255.49.in-addr.VOCUS.net.au 8 152 140 56 68 84 68
ip-226.194.255.49.in-addr.VOCUS.net.au 7 160 150 57 68 96 70
Not overly surprising results, although at least the packet loss seems to
be reducing a bit now. I did the right thing and contacted my service
provider as well to log a ticket on their end (hello to anyone who might
end up with the escalation! :-D )