[AusNOG] Telstra Wi-Fi calling on our network.

Narelle Clark narellec at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 14:45:03 EST 2019

On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 at 10:14, <mike at ozonline.com.au> wrote:

> Also, anyone have any thoughts about what ACL one might put in place
> to block wifi calling if one was of a mind to?

The last time I had a conversation with the Chair of the ACCC about
deliberately degraded (poor or no performance of) VoIP on other
networks, he wasn't impressed...

The phrase anti-competitive behaviour was used... an eyebrow was raised...

People do notice when SIP, RTP etc stop working on networks, so it
really isn't a good idea.

That applies to the big players as much as it does to the smaller
ones, btw. If you want to release a new product or service, surely you
*want* to reach their customers too? And you want your customers
happy?

--

Narelle Clark