[AusNOG] Telstra Wi-Fi calling on our network.

John Edwards jaedwards at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 14:24:20 EST 2019

Every bit of territory that your "sworn competitor" gives up by putting
call data on your network instead of their private mobile network is
territory that it may never get back.

Imagine what WiFi calling is doing for International roaming revenue if
every call now looks like a local origination.

Rejoice in this scenario and encourage a world where a 20 billion dollar
LTE network or 100 year monopoly are not prerequisites to making
mobile calls - it's one of the few places where you might get a level
playing field for telecommunications services.

John