[AusNOG] Microsoft cloud issues?

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Nov 26 19:21:26 EST 2019

On Thu, 21 Nov 2019, Matthew Moyle-Croft wrote:

> Admittedly I’m not super clear on this but I thought Microsoft stopped really generally offering O365 via ER and it’s now on
> “special request only”?
> “Free peering” is “Direct connectivity” FWIW.

They recently announced Azure Peering Service, which offers cold potato
routing so it stays on their network until it gets as close to your end
users (well, a defined service provider network for a given location) as
possible: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/peering-service/about

Although there's not many partners at the moment:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/peering-service/location-partners

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |