[AusNOG] FTTC

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed May 1 16:27:27 EST 2019

On Wed, 1 May 2019, Beeson, Ayden wrote:

> That is spot on, but I haven’t seen a single quote come back that was in the price range you would actually consider going ahead with.
>
> Admittedly that was for FTTN -> FTTP upgrades, but still I always got the feeling those “choices” were priced to make it unaffordable to regular consumers on purpose, meaning that quote price is effectively sunk money.
>
> I’ll be very interested to see what the FTTC -> FTTP quotes come back at, it’s a lot less fibre length to run but still requires a lot of the same types of work in the end so I’m not expecting much.

$5100 https://whrl.pl/Rfme7I which is ridiculous although these posts from
2016 https://whrl.pl/ReLT5w and https://whrl.pl/ReLVZj claim why it's
expected.

Really if you want fibre you may as well take advantage of the free builds
on nbn enterprise ethernet at the moment than do a tech change.

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |