[AusNOG] Mikrotik IPv6 Vulnerability - Must Read if you have Public IPv6 Facing Mikrotik

Mike Everest mike at duxtel.com
Fri Mar 29 12:17:26 EST 2019

On the point of “the fix is in v7”

That kind of statement is usually code for “it’s a kernel issue” since the major version number of RouterOS has (so far) related to linux kernel revision.  Therefore, if that is the official position on this problem, then there may be some logical conclusions that might be drawn:

1.       Maybe this can’t be fixed in current routerOS v6.xx

2.       Maybe other OS based on linux kernel may also be affected

Pure conjecture from me, of course – despite the relatively ‘close’ relationship that we have with MikroTik, we are not much better informed than everyone else when it comes to this sort of thing :-}

Cheers!

Mike.