[AusNOG] Telstra blocking ICMP

Ross [Eve IT] ross at eve-it.net
Thu Mar 21 16:54:57 EST 2019

Hi James,

We also have Opengear OOB devices around the country (Telstra 3G/4G on the
telstra.extranet APN) and have noticed that they bounce quite often and
actually remain down.
Yet 9 out of 10 times we can still pass ssh through to the consoles.

It's pretty recent, and I haven't been able to get a straight answer from
Telstra.
I think they may be doing some kind of rate limiting and blocking for a
certain amount of time.

Have not been able to confirm.

Regards,
Ross.