[AusNOG] Due diligence when purchasing IPv4 addresses

Jonathan Brewer jon.brewer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 12:09:51 EST 2019

Top considerations:

1. Is your broker reputable? Just go on and name them here so people can
help.
2. Is your broker's company registered in a place you have legal recourse
if things go wrong?
3. Are they registered with APNIC?
https://www.apnic.net/manage-ip/manage-resources/transfer-resources/transfer-facilitators/
4. Have the blocks you're being transferred been blacklisted? Easy to check.

Purchases from RIPE should be pretty smooth. Don't do something silly like
try to lease addresses from LANIC or AFRINIC entities and expect your
upstreams here to route them for you.

-JB