[AusNOG] Fixed wireless fun and games with SIP

Rob Thomas xrobau at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 15:09:41 EST 2019

> wrong handset rings and can't take inbound calls.

Welcome to SIP Natpocolypse.

This - specifically the wrong handset ringing - is caused because the
router you are using is forgetting which phone is mapped to which
port.

The super simple easy way to fix this is to give every phone a unique
SIP port - for example, if you have extensions 300, 301 and 302, go
into the phone configuration interface and set their LOCAL SIP PORT to
be '5300' or 5301, or 5302, etc.

That is normally enough to make your router NOT fiddle with SIP
traffic and try to remap it.

If you have any further dramas, feel free to contact me off list (I'm
the guy that wrote FreePBX 8-))

--Rob