[AusNOG] ISP in Melbourne and Sydney

i3D.net - Martijn Schmidt martijnschmidt at i3d.net
Thu Jun 13 08:59:16 EST 2019

NTT AS2914 is available in Sydney and they have some routing tricks to import local paths to Telstra/Optus/AAPT from their NTT Australia subsidiary network.

Ask them about their DPS Lite product, costs you a small fee per port but it lets you install up to 50 permanent outbound stateless ACL rules on the NTT router. Drop the well-known UDP reflection attacks, UDP fragments, and GRE traffic with that ACL if possible and you should have covered yourself against the most common forms of volumetric DDoS attack with a tier-1 backbone's soaking capacity to back you up.

Besides, the NTT AS2914 security team is quite simply awesome.