[AusNOG] going rate for a rooftop installation?
jon.brewer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 12:54:19 EST 2019
Variables affecting price (which can range from free to $5k USD per antenna
per year) include:
1. Whether the antenna is to service a tenant of the building, or if to
provide service to others from the building.
2. If to service a tenant of the building, size & mounting arrangements
can impact the price. Non-penetrating mounts can keep the cost lower.
3. When using the building to provide service to others, cost can vary
1. Size of the market
2. Commercial / industrial / residential
3. Grade of the building
4. Size of the antenna(s)
5. Number of antenna(s)
6. Power level of antenna(s)
7. Inside space requirements
8. Access requirements (i.e. 24/7 unaccompanied or 8/5 accompanied)
4. Whether this is a separate lease between the building owner & antenna
owner, or an addition to a tenant lease.
5. If the building is managed by a management company or an
6. Whether the rooftop is managed as a shared space by a body corporate
I've done this hundreds of times across multiple Asia-Pac markets. It's not
really fun so I charge full rate for the work. These days I try to have a
design first, with drawings rendered in SketchUp, details on mounts, cable
routing, make good when removed, lease terms, and suggested pricing based
on market rates - all as part of a proposal for the building manager. In
some places it's wise to offer the building management office free Internet
as part of the lease, but always get that well-documented in the proposal.
Also I know someone is going to ask, so yes, I've co-sited lasers. But not
space lasers. Yet.
On Mon, 3 Jun 2019 at 23:03, Karl Auer <kauer at biplane.com.au> wrote:
> Someone wants to put an antenna on a roof. A pole-and-two-struts kind
> of thing. What sort of price should they expect to pay? Is there a
> "going rate" or is it a case-by case thing?
> Regards, K.
> Karl Auer (kauer at biplane.com.au)
> GPG fingerprint: 8D08 9CAA 649A AFEF E862 062A 2E97 42D4 A2A0 616D
> Old fingerprint: A0CD 28F0 10BE FC21 C57C 67C1 19A6 83A4 9B0B 1D75
> AusNOG mailing list
> AusNOG at lists.ausnog.net
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the AusNOG