[AusNOG] NBN as an end to end solution - Failure or Success?

Jason Leschnik jason at leschnik.me
Thu Jan 24 14:03:58 EST 2019

Hi all,

I'm just trying to get myself a little bit better informed about NBN as an
end to end solution. I see a lot of angst out in the community about the
different access types (FTTx) and the remaining aging Copper portion of the
network and how far behind we are. I also see people happy with the
upgrades and improvements. So it's hard to gauge the real success or
failure of the network.

Currently I've been seeing people using "NBN" both as a tool to vent
frustration about the Government and their own Internet access. All that
aside, with the mixed media network we have now, is it as bad as people
say? Or is it just a case of an incremental step forward?

Regards,
Jason.