[AusNOG] Commercially available CPE that supports 464XLAT

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Sun Feb 24 11:36:36 EST 2019

Hi Craig,

It will be good if you name the concrete model. I was not aware of that and I'm very interested.

Responding to Damian, in this article I summarize the panel that I organized a couple of years ago in APNIC, there are also videos.

https://blog.apnic.net/2017/11/09/ce-vendors-share-thoughts-ipv6-support/

The vendors present can offer firmware versions with the support, but at the time being is not the standard one. Ask your contacts in those vendors to escalate, because in some countries, I know by personal experience, they aren't getting the info ...

Hopefully this will change soon, as this document:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas/

Is already approved and in the RFC editor queue to turn it into an RFC (I guess is a matter of few weeks).

I strongly suggest everyone to point their vendors to this document and include it in RFQs, etc.

If you want to test with a good open source implementation, either the NAT64 or the CLAT, I use Jool in my trainings.

Regards,
Jordi