[AusNOG] spear phishing attack

Bradley Amm brad at bradleyamm.com
Mon Feb 4 12:34:01 EST 2019

We get these on a daily basis
Examples are someone pretending to the be MD emailing the Finance Manger
asking for a payment to be sent through. They make their display name the
same as the manager and cant do much about that.They get the details for
example from Social media

We have told our users to double check the email address and ask for
approval verbally from the person.

[image: image.png]