[AusNOG] Smoke and radio performance

Robert Hudson hudrob at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 14:18:09 EST 2019

Semi-related - a building near my work's internal smoke detection triggered
earlier today, calling the fire department.

And I've seen two reports of smoke detection systems in DCs giving false
alarms.

Apparently this morning from the North pylon on the Sydney Harbour Bridge,
the CBD buildings were not visible through the smoke.

Also really fun for people with respiratory issues (my kids are asthmatic,
one has been to hospital several times with it).

Fun times. Cool and normal, apparently, thoughts and prayers will fix it,
and water restrictions will apparently solve the lack of water (if you
believe NSW Govt radio advertising).