[AusNOG] Data recovery

Mark Currie MCurrie at laserfast.com.au
Thu Aug 29 10:27:37 EST 2019

+1 Payam, have saved several clients

Cheers,.
Mark Currie
Solutions Architect
Laserfast IT and Consulting Services

________________________________
From: AusNOG <ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net> on behalf of Robert Hudson <hudrob at gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2019 8:31 PM
To: David Hughes
Cc: ausnog at lists.ausnog.net
Subject: Re: [AusNOG] Data recovery

Check Payam as well.

https://www.payam.com.au/

On Wed, 28 Aug 2019 at 20:03, David Hughes <david at hughes.com.au<mailto:david at hughes.com.au>> wrote:

Ok, so this isn't actually for me.  When Step Son #2 calls to talk about his "dead" MacBook Pro and how he'd like to get the data of the SSD, the conversation has a pretty predictable cadence :

SS#2. So who have you used for data recovery in the past
Me. Nobody, because I have backups.  How's your backup mate?
SS#2. Yeah, not so good.  So about that data recovery stuff ...
Me. Sorry buddy, I've got nothing
SS#2. But you're a part of that "Community of Nerds" thing you talk about.

Sigh.  Not quite how I described us but he's right :)

Anyone got any pointers in SE Qld that wouldn't take the arm and a leg off a Uni student to look at an onboard SSD?

Thanks

David