[AusNOG] [AUSNOG] Disk wear & Foucault Period

andrew khoo andrew.khoo at as136019.net
Thu Aug 22 08:44:39 EST 2019

i hate to be a “me too”.

i personally believe this issue is of relevance to operators.

in the australian context this is even more relevant due to potential costs
we have to incur to keep spinning rust for our compliance requirements.

maintaining a healthy lifecycle means potentially extending the useful life
of storage that surely an operator cannot run without.

just my 2c.

(and OP’s theory might mean a migration to DCs in darwin? :) :))