[AusNOG] More legislative interventions

andy at coastalaudio.com.au andy at coastalaudio.com.au
Wed Apr 10 12:35:08 EST 2019

Some interesting stuff here:

https://towardsdatascience.com/real-time-and-video-processing-object-detection-using-tensorflow-opencv-and-docker-2be1694726e5

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cognitive-services/face/face-api-how-to-topics/howtoanalyzevideo_face

“If our analysis consisted of a lightweight client-side algorithm, this approach would be suitable. However, when analysis happens in the cloud, the latency involved means that an API call might take several seconds. During this time, we are not capturing images, and our thread is essentially doing nothing. Our maximum frame-rate is limited by the latency of the API calls.”

Food for thought – this mythical “real-time” analyses is possible, but incredibly expensive to implement, as I’ve stated repeatedly…who will pick up the cost? The onus should be on the Government to develop a universal tool and assist providers with the infrastructure for implementation…unlikely given that it’s ostensibly broke…

Andy