[AusNOG] More legislative interventions

Paul Wilkins paulwilkins369 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 14:22:21 EST 2019

So best advice I could make specific to hosting providers (not social media
companies) would be, to comply with the legislation:

1 - Update EUAs with a clause that abhorrent violent content breaches the
service agreement.

2 - Ensure you have in place a mechanism to match electronic fingerprints
of material similar to anything identified in a eSafety Commissioner's
notice.

By the by, without a mechanism for the eSafety Commissioner to match
content (a common mechanism for electronic fingerprinting material across
hosting providers), the eSafety Commissioner will find themselves playing
whack a mole chasing content specific to each hosting provider. That's
their obligation, and I somehow think they'll be reluctant to go there.

I'm not a lawyer. This isn't expert opinion.

Kind regards

Paul Wilkins