[AusNOG] Telstra multiple service faults - Chatswood Exchange?

Andrew Yager andrew at rwts.com.au
Wed Apr 3 10:54:39 EST 2019

Ironically so is transit from Chatswood…

203.62.252.110         1221    2316902      47472       0       3 2w1d
4:35:07 Establ
2001:8000:100::30:202        1221     890341      47388       0       3
2w1d 4:35:33 Establ

On Wed, 3 Apr 2019 at 10:52, Matt Perkins <matt at spectrum.com.au> wrote:

> Pitt's still up and happy.
>
> 203.27.179.185  4         1221 3295208  213016 527417971    0    0
> 19w0d       75573
> 203.62.252.39   4         1221 2639590   29646 527417971    0    0
> 2w4d       734216
>
> Matt
>
> On 3/4/19 10:46 am, Nathan Brookfield wrote:
>
> Parramatta too
>
> Nathan Brookfield
> Chief Executive Officer
>
> Simtronic Technologies Pty Ltd
> http://www.simtronic.com.au
>
> On 3 Apr 2019, at 10:45, TWIG Security <support at twig.com.au> wrote:
>

> Fibre cut in Chatswood apparently.  Go redundancy !
>

> On 3/04/2019 12:45 am, Andrew Yager wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We've got a bunch of headend services out in NextDC, Global and Eqx, and I
> see Eqx also have reported a transit outage on their eqx connect product
> (which i'm assuming is telstra cause it lines up), and I know a few other
> people who have services down. The services affected are all likely fed
> from the chatswood exch (although I can't 100% confirm this is the case).
>
> Chatting to the Telstra Recall team, it looks like they're currently
> sending techs to a bunch of exchanges around the site and wanting to do
> tests in the DC's; but they all seem to be ignorant of the multiple cases
> for different services
>
> Is anyone from Telstra watching along and able to get someone to correlate
> them together? I feel like someone should have picked up the link… but you
> know what they say about assumptions… and I can also see that there hasn't
> been an outage posted about it yet.
>
> Andrew

> --
> /* Matt Perkins
>         Direct 1300 137 379        Spectrum Networks Ptd. Ltd.
>         Office 1300 133 299        matt at spectrum.com.au
>                                    Level 6, 350 George Street Sydney 2000
>         Spectrum Networks is a member of the Communications Alliance & TIO
> */

*Andrew Yager, CEO* *(BCompSc, JNCIS-SP, MACS (Snr) CP)*
Real World Technology Solutions - IT People you can trust
Voice | Data | IT Procurement | Managed IT
rwts.com.au | 1300 798 718

*Real World is a DellEMC Gold Partner*

This document should be read only by those persons to whom it is addressed
and its content is not intended for use by any other persons. If you have
received this message in error, please notify us immediately. Please also
destroy and delete the message from your computer. Any unauthorised form of
reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited. We are not liable for
the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this
communication, nor for any delay in its receipt. Please consider the
environment before printing this e-mail.