[AusNOG] Telstra multiple service faults - Chatswood Exchange?

Nathan Brookfield Nathan.Brookfield at simtronic.com.au
Wed Apr 3 10:46:13 EST 2019

Parramatta too

Nathan Brookfield
Chief Executive Officer

Simtronic Technologies Pty Ltd
http://www.simtronic.com.au

On 3 Apr 2019, at 10:45, TWIG Security <support at twig.com.au<mailto:support at twig.com.au>> wrote:

Fibre cut in Chatswood apparently.  Go redundancy !

On 3/04/2019 12:45 am, Andrew Yager wrote:
Hi,

We've got a bunch of headend services out in NextDC, Global and Eqx, and I see Eqx also have reported a transit outage on their eqx connect product (which i'm assuming is telstra cause it lines up), and I know a few other people who have services down. The services affected are all likely fed from the chatswood exch (although I can't 100% confirm this is the case).

Chatting to the Telstra Recall team, it looks like they're currently sending techs to a bunch of exchanges around the site and wanting to do tests in the DC's; but they all seem to be ignorant of the multiple cases for different services

Is anyone from Telstra watching along and able to get someone to correlate them together? I feel like someone should have picked up the link… but you know what they say about assumptions… and I can also see that there hasn't been an outage posted about it yet.

Andrew