[AusNOG] Dutton decryption bill

Alan Maher alanmaher at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 20:39:19 EST 2018

Regardless of the ins and outs being discussed so far,  our "Dear
Leaders" in the 5 eyes alliance were
already meeting to discuss taking it further in the past week or two.
This was a bit hidden as Australia took time out to roll yet another PM,
which was likely convenient
for some of the players.
Never the less, the push is on against encryption by the spooks, and we
need to push back in equal
response to this intrusion.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/106775413/internet-society-fears-five-eyes-could-be-about-to-undermine-the-net

---