[AusNOG] Telstra and Vocus Peering

Mark Delany g2x at juliet.emu.st
Thu Oct 25 06:13:14 EST 2018

> I agree, both Telstra and Optus peering agreements are specifically
> written in a way that anyone other than a national competitor of
> equivalent size would be excluded from eligibility and as John said
> earlier even large content providers

What proportion of providers are even close to meeting the requirements? No
conventional RSPs that I can think of. And content providers are such a
different business that them getting peering agreements has no bearing on the
25+ year market distortion that the ACCC is meant to address.

Do any of the peering exchanges or exchange-like businesses (aka megaport)
come close to meeting the requirements? IOWs a peering aggregator a viable
contender and do the agreements allow for such a possibility?

Mark.