[AusNOG] Assistance and Access Bill moves to PJCIS

Paul Wilkins paulwilkins369 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 12:00:38 EST 2018

I've changed my position on the Bill since I realised the provisions are
for over a dozen agencies to all be able to dictate access on their terms,
requiring service providers to duplicate the government interface a dozen
times, and with no apparent mechanism for resolving the inevitable
situations of inconsistent / contradictory directions.

The Bill needs to be scrapped in its entirety to give the government ample
time to reconsider the warrant framework, and then draw provisions that
will create a manageable engagement process with industry.

It is entirely possible wide public debate and expressions of grave concern
will have Labor see sense and block the Bill. Which is a shame. The only
person with any skin in the game is Dutton. The Liberals have nothing to
gain in supporting this Bill.

Kind regards

Paul Wilkins