[AusNOG] Assistance and Access Bill moves to PJCIS

Paul Wilkins paulwilkins369 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 12:52:49 EST 2018

A reminder submissions close this Friday 12:00pm.

Also, I've had a look for the Digital Industry Group's submission (includes
Google and other industry heavyweights) and can't find it. More to the
point (*sigh*) Dep't Home Affairs haven't published it. Does anyone have a
link please?

Obviously Home Affairs (who've published only 100 out of 700 legitimate
submissions) appear to be deliberately stymying public debate.

Am really curious how this is going to get through the PJCIS process. If
the Liberals do as they're told, then the Bill has wider support than just
Dutton's Office. But it will be very interesting to see where Labor draws
its policy direction from. The reach of police powers envisaged in the Bill
will find strong resistance in Labor ranks.

Kind regards

Paul Wilkins