[AusNOG] High Latency to AS15169

Jen Linkova furry13 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 13:33:44 EST 2018

Folks,

There is no guarantee that latency to particular service stays in any
pre-defined range (while, indeed, the goal is to keep it as low as
possible). There are numerous legitimate reasons for temporary latency
increase. It would come back to usual value eventually.

The corresponding team is well aware of the fact that currently AU
might experience higher than usual latency and  working on minimizing
the impact (and customers  unhappiness ;)) and making such latency
increases happening less often. However it's not always possible to
totally avoid them.

On Fri, Oct 5, 2018 at 10:46 AM Paul Gear <ausnog at libertysys.com.au> wrote:

> This seems to be re-breaking on a scheduled basis:
>
> https://libertysys.com.au/imagebin/15387001474777_1538700147_1538438400.png
>
> On 04/10/18 15:33, Jason Leschnik wrote:
> > I'm seeing quad-8 hitting the larger delay, but google.com
> > <http://google.com> is 8ms from a few locations.
> >
> > On Thu, 4 Oct 2018 at 14:39, Ross Tsolakidis wrote:
> >

> >     Thishappens often, we graph it for fun.
> >     (not default smokeping timers, very low impact).
> >
> >     image.png
> >
> >     Regards,
> >     Ross.
> >

> >     On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 2:30 PM Nathan Brookfield
> >     wrote:
> >
> >         We never saw it come back.
> >
> >         Nathan Brookfield
> >         Chief Executive Officer
> >
> >         Simtronic Technologies Pty Ltd
> >         http://www.simtronic.com.au
> >
> >         On 4 Oct 2018, at 14:12, Tim Jackson wrote:
> >
> >         Gone offshore again?
> >
> >         <image.png>
> >
> >         On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 2:30 PM Jen Linkova wrote:
> >
> >             I believe the latency should be back to usual values now.
> >
> >             On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 1:55 PM Dave Browning wrote:
> >
> >                 All,
> >
> >                 Just to keep the list updated on this issue, Google have
> >                 confirmed there is a wide spread problem and the
> >                 appropriate Engineer's are on the case
> >
> >                 Cheers,
> >
> >                 Dave Browning | Senior Network Engineer
> >                 P 1300 791 678 D 07 3708 0008
> >                 Level 1, 12 Railway Tce, Milton QLD 4064

SY, Jen Linkova aka Furry