[AusNOG] Assistance and Access Bill moves to PJCIS

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Wed Nov 28 08:47:31 EST 2018

Their real target is the same as it was in the 2008-2010 censorware fight:

They want to make it clear that this is not territory which is unregulated; that they can and will interfere with it if and when it suits them.

I doubt they even know how and when that interference will happen at this stage. But that isn’t important. It’s all about the agencies sticking their thumb onto an industry segment and saying, “We’re in charge of this.”

   - mark