[AusNOG] Assistance with Cisco vPC configuration on 4 x Cisco Nexus 3000 switches

Ahad Aboss ahad at swiftelnetworks.com
Mon Nov 26 11:09:45 EST 2018

Radeck,

To avoid blocked ports, you will need to configure your upstream links as
follows;

Built a port-channel from SW13 to SW11/12.
Build a port-channel from SW14 to SW11/12.

Physically, SW 11 and 12 looks as 2 x Switches but logically, SW 13 and 14
treats SW11/12 as a single switch.

I suggest using at least 2 x 10GE ports between SW13 & 14 as SFP's do fail
from time to time.
You can use MGM for peer link keep alive or a dedicated link.

You can increase your port-channel capacity as your traffic grows.

Ahad